Thursday 19 April 2018

How I survived my first indoor skydiving experience.

Will I feel as if I’ve jumped out of an airplane? I ask that question while putting on a baggy red jumpsuit at the AirRider indoor skydiving facility in 1Utama Shopping Centre, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Sam Korostilew, the tall fair-haired Australian who will be guiding me on my first ever “skydiving” experience, gives me a bemused expression before answering: “We try to simulate that free-falling sensation.”

“It’s the same as an outdoor skydive from (about) 4,000m. But here, it is done in a safe and controlled environment,” the AirRider instructor smiles reassuringly, before adding, “although, it does put pressure on your joints.”

What?
“It can be quite tiring. Just make sure you don’t have any shoulder, neck or back injuries – or any ailments mentioned in the waiver form,” he cautions.

I rack my brain trying to recall if I have any injuries. There’s the occasional aches after an exercise these days, but that’s just ageing, right?



By Chester Chim.
Full story at Star2.

No comments:

Post a Comment