Tuesday 30 October 2018

WHY ROTTERDAM IS EUROPE’S COOLEST FOODIE DESTINATION.

Rotterdam has plenty of quality
new restaurants, such as Aji (Aji)

With top-end restaurants and more food markets than you can shake a fork at, the Netherlands’ second city makes for a mouthwatering city break, says Helen Coffey

You know you’ve fallen hard for a city when you start checking out house prices before you even get home.

I’m looking up the cost of two-bed flats online within five hours of arriving in Rotterdam – a record even by my fickle standards. A quick search does nothing to dampen my burgeoning passion for the Netherlands’ second city; it turns out €130,000 could net me three bedrooms and a small garden. I haven’t even spent the night and I’m contemplating whether I could feasibly commute to London using the Eurostar’s new direct service, launched earlier this year.

Before my visit, the only people who had any kind of real opinion on Rotterdam (and most had none) told me it would be ugly.




By Helen Coffey.
Full story at The Independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment